Conjunctions can also be placed under 8 different headings. Lets look at the first 2 headings; Time and Place
Conjunctions used to indicate time are: after, before, since, until, till, when, whenever, while, now that, as
- After Mary opened the door she switched on the light.
- The boy paused before he crossed the road.
- Since we have know each other we have remained great friends.
- We will wait here until the next bus arrives.
- We cannot make a decision till we hear Peter’s side of his story.
- The play was already started when we arrived at the theatre.
- We shall have ten minutes play time whenever it is possible.
- While there is a chance, we shall not give up.
- Now that the matter had been put to rest, we shall not talk about it.
- As I was on my way out, I fell.
Conjunctions indicating place are: whence, where, wherever, whither
- She looked back whence she had come.
- Sally was told to place the magazines where everyone can see them.
- The dog must be found wherever he might be.
- Whither thou goest, I will go.